We work hard and play hard here in Split. We take time to build relationships and we’re always open to new collaboration. That’s why meetups within the community have snowballed here, we want to share ideas, support one another and flourish. There are a number of websites where you can see what’s going on in Split and Croatia, so we recommend starting here.
You can always get in touch with the team for more specific questions, and if you’re in Split most people would be more than happy to go for a coffee and chat.
- Split Tech City –Formerly known as Startup.hr, this non-profit community organisation is pulling together local tech companies and individuals to create a stronger community, as well as sharing news, insights and a calendar of upcoming events.
- Netokracija – The best news portal for tech in the Central and Eastern Europe, with dedicated pages for Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia.
Currently active Meetups
- OpenCoffee – The longest-running meetup in Split, where beer and tech chat usually combine. It’s pretty much designed in a way that encourages conversation and networking, with everyone giving a brief introduction before you’re left to your own devices.
- Tinel – Gather in Locastic’s chill-out lounge area to hear a range of speakers share their experience and knowledge, usually tech themed. Then chill out with a beer and chat to other meetup goers.
- ML/AI Split – Take a trip to the School of Computer Science (FESB, Uni of Split), where you’ll find a newly established coworking space for tech students started by ICT Županija – PICS, to meet other machine learning and artificial intelligence fanatics.
- Mobile Monday – Become a MoMoer and meet other mobile developers and enthusiasts. You may have heard of this meetup being run in other countries, and you’re not wrong – it can be found in over 60. Go, learn, collaborate and develop.
- Product Tank – Another global meetup movement has landed in Split – this one for product managers. They often have guest speakers so check out who is speaking next month, and there are even annual conferences in London and San Francisco.
- Design Hub – Forget the developers, it’s time for the designers to meet and discuss all things design-y. They post everything on Facebook so keep an eye on their events there.
- Python – This meetup is to connect all of those working with Python, if that’s you, then go and find out what’s going on in the Split tech scene Python-wise.
Events, conferences and the like
- Shift Conference – An established international yearly event since 2011, Shift always offers an impressive line-up of international speakers and workshops. It usually takes place at the end of May/start of June and runs out of HNK, the theatre in the centre of Split.
- BlockSplit – After a successful run of meetups and workshops, the guys from Blockchain Hub Split decided to hold an international conference to put Split on the map in terms of Blockchain and tech. We can expect to see the second in 2019.
- TnT – Tech and Tourism – We’ve mentioned it a few times, and we can’t escape the fact that Split is still primarily a tourist destination. So what better place to test and develop new products for the sector. TnT delved deeper into these opportunities by connecting the two sectors.
- SpliTech – With a focus on Smart and Sustainable Tech, this conference attracts a range of individuals and speakers. Over the three years it has run, it’s grown in both size and reputation.
- Dump Days – Looking to inspire the next generation of programmers are DUMP – a non-profit focussing on young programmers’ needs, specifically students from the local university. This conference focuses on networking and workshops. Students see it as a great chance to find an internship or job.